The Beaver County Agricultural Service Board strives to educate producers on the latest developments in sustainable agriculture and, provide opportunities for producers to make informative decisions to not only farm for today but for the future as well.
Some sustainable agriculture services provided by the Beaver County ASB are:
- Soil and water conservation programs
- Promote, advise, and assist producers in appropriate soil, land, and water management to enhance the economic viability of producers within Beaver County under the ASB Act
- Information on shelterbelts
- Applied research and demonstration
- Coordination of programs which tie together Federal, Provincial, and Municipal governments
- Promote the needs and issues of local producers as they relate to government policies
Environmental Farm Plan
Would you like to complete an Enviornmental Farm Plan or update the one you currently have?
Here are 5 reasons to complete an EFP from the Alberta EFP website:
- Improve farm health and safety
- Building acceptance of the operation amoung neighbours and the public
- Increase personal satisfaction and knowledge
- Adding value to the farm property
- Agriculture sustainability
To find out more about the Alberta Environmental Farm Plan Program you can also visit their website at: http://www.albertaefp.com/index.html
If you are interested in completing an Environmental Farm Plan, please contact Aimee Boese, Agricultural Fieldman at (780) 663-3730.
Growing Forward 2
On April 1, 2013 Growing Forward 2 was officially launched for Canada's agricultural and agri-food sector. GF2 is a $3 billion dollar investment by federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) governments and the foundation for government agricultural programs and services over the next five years.
For more information on Growing Foward 2, please visit the Growing Forward 2 website by clicking here.
If you require assistance completing the application form or finding out more information regarding certain programs, please contact Aimee Boese, Agricultural Fieldman at (780)663-3730.