Monthly Tax Payment Plan
Beaver County offers a property tax monthly payment plan that enables you to pay your taxes monthly, instead of in one annual payment.
On January 1st of the year after you enrol in this plan, your monthly property tax amount will be withdrawn directly from your bank account on the first day of each month. By paying your property taxes monthly through this plan, you can be certain your property taxes are paid in full each year and you will not incur any late-payment penalties.
How it works
For the first five months of the year, your monthly instalment is based on 1/12 of the previous year’s tax amount. The current year’s tax levy is calculated in early May and the instalment amount is then adjusted for the last seven months of the year based on the new annual tax amount.
You must enrol in this plan by December 15th of the previous year for the plan to take effect January 1st of the following year.
Step 1: Request a property tax monthly payment plan application package.
Beaver County Service Centre
Step 2: Complete the application form and send it to Beaver County prior to December 15.
- Ensure you accept the terms and conditions of the property tax monthly payment plan enrolment indicated on the reverse of the application form.
- Include a VOID cheque or your financial institution’s banking pre-authorization form.
Step 3: Return your signed application form to Beaver County by mail (Box 140, Ryley, AB T0B 4A0), fax (780-663-3602), or email. The County will confirm receipt of your application.
- Attach any additional documents, if required.
Good to know
- Ensure your financial institution is not paying your property taxes on your behalf.
- Beaver County does not accept credit cards directly as a method of paying property taxes.
- The monthly payment can only be withdrawn from one bank account.
- Automatic withdrawal will occur on the first day of each month, beginning January 1 of the year following receipt of your application.
If you wish to cancel your enrolment in Beaver County’s property tax monthly payment plan, you must provide a written and signed notice to the Assessment and Taxation Department at least two weeks before the next month’s withdrawal date.
If two payments are not honoured by your bank, Beaver County will cancel your enrolment in the plan. All unpaid taxes will be due and payable at that time and will be subject to service charges and late-payment penalties.
For more information, check out the Monthly Tax Payment Plan Brochure or contact the Beaver County Service Centre at 780-663-3730.