Planning & Development
Beaver County’s Planning & Development Department plays a central role in the use and development of land and buildings within the County. The Department provides professional advice and services to residents, Council and neighbouring communities in the following areas:
- Review, issuance and enforcement of development permits.
- Advice and counsel on subdivision plans and other land use planning matters.
- Administration of the Land Use Bylaw, Municipal Development Plan, and other plans and policies relating to planning and development.
Beaver County MDP
To view the Beaver County Municipal Development Plan - Bylaw 98-800 (June 2013 consolidation) click here
Additional amendments to the Municipal Development Plan are as follows:
- Bylaw 12-997 - Clean Harbors Expansion
- Bylaw 14-1017 - School Sites/Institutional Subdivisions
- Bylaw 16-1039 - Country Residential District Land Uses
Beaver County LUB
To view the Beaver County Land Use Bylaw - Bylaw 98-801 (June 2013 consolidation) click here
Additional amendments to the Land Use Bylaw are as follows:
- Bylaw 12-996 - Clean Harbors Expansion
- Bylaw 14-1018 - School Sites/ Institutional Subdivisions
- Bylaw 15-1032 - Remove Regulation of Animals from Land Use Bylaw
- Bylaw 16-1040 - Accessory Buildings and Home Occupations
- Bylaw 16-1042 - Fences
- Bylaw 16-1044 - Renewable Energy and Low Impact District
New Energy Code Effective November 1, 2016
The Province of Alberta has adopted a section of the 2011 National Energy Code for Buildings into Section 9.36 of the 2014 Alberta Building Code. For all building permits applied for as of November 1, 2016, these codes will be the minimum standard for construction.
Click here to download the Energy Code Information package. For more information regarding Safety Codes permit, please contact The Inspections Group Inc. at 1-866-554-5048.
For more information about Planning & Development in Beaver County, call (780) 663-3730.