With Beaver County
The following opportunities are available:
- Office Administrative Assistant (Student)
- Receptionist Temporary Full-Time
Beaver County is seeking to fill the following position:
The County is seeking a qualified person to fill the receptionist position at the County Service Centre in Ryley. Hours of work are 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Wage range is $27.51 to $33.47 per hour.
Click here for a detailed position profile. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 pm, August 31, 2018.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, accompanied by a resume with qualifications and experience, and including a minimum of three references.
Margaret Jones, Assistant CAO Phone: (780) 663-3730
Beaver County Fax: (780) 663-3602
Box 140 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryley, AB T0B 4A0 www.beaver.ab.ca
Beaver County is committed to a healthy and safe work environment. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Office Administrative Assistant (Student)
Temporary, Part-Time, September – December, 2018
Beaver County is seeking a temporary, part-time (student) Administrative Assistant to support our team. This position will be located in the Beaver County Services Centre in Ryley.
The Office Administrative Assistant duties will be dependent on the skill set of the candidate and may include, but are not limited to:
- Receptionist duties at the front counter, dealing with rate payers and handling general public inquiries, with a focus on excellent customer service
- Cash receipts and deposits
- Mail pick-up, sorting, and delivery
- Stocking supplies
- Assisting with County communications (e.g. newspaper, website, etc.)
- Filing and document management for a variety of departments
- Providing assistance on special projects
- Providing assistance to other staff as required
The ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Between the ages of 16 and 19
- Completion of Grade 10, and registered to attend high school
- Previous customer service experience is preferred
- Experience with cash management or possess mathematical aptitude
- Organizational skills
- Experience with office computer programs, e.g. WORD, Excel, Outlook, etc. would be an asset
- Be able to work and learn from others in a team environment and maintain a positive outlook
- Possess effective interpersonal skills, computer literacy, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Beaver County and its municipal operations would be an asset
Hours of work will be weekdays, up to 16 hours per week, including Fridays of each week (unless school is in session). The position will commence in late August (if available) or as soon as possible thereafter until December 31, 2018. The wage rate for this position is $16.44 per hour.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume with references, stating relevant training and experience. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is selected.
Box 140 Ryley, AB T0B 4A0
T: (780) 663-3730 F: (780) 663-3602
Beaver County is committed to a healthy and safe workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In the Community
The following opportunity is available:
No opportunities are available at this time.