The Municipal Policy Handbook provides a working document for Council and the Administration of Beaver County containing policies to guide the actions of the County in the handling of local affairs. All Council policies have been adopted by resolutions of Council which will be found in Council minutes.
The policies in the Handbook are intended to:
- Promote common understanding of Council's policy objectives
- Provide direction to allow Administration to meet Council's policy objectives
- Facilitate better and more timely decisions
- Ensure uniformity in the interpretation and implementation of policy
- Allow personnel to know what is expected of them
- Ensure that similar situations are handled consistently
- Promote delegation of decision making to the level that must face the problem or situation when it arises
- Encourage coordination and integration of actions and plans within and across functional areas and departments
- Address problems or situations that are repetitive or recurring
To review policies within the Municipal Policy Handbook, click here.