< Back to Road Matters & More
The bridge is located on RR 124, just south of Township 502 (the County border with Minburn County).
The repairs will be undertaken by Alberta Highway Services Ltd. and include the following:
- Lifting and temporary removal of the bridge deck and structure
- Replacement of Timber Caps
- Repairs to existing Pier Piles
- Reinstallation of bridge deck and structure
- Replacement of the Bridgerail (both sides)
- Addition of Guardrail both north and south of the bridge
- Miscellaneous timber repairs (banding, bracing)
The contractor will be mobilizing to site tomorrow (Thursday) morning. The road will remain open during construction activities, with appropriate signage. The road will be closed on Tuesday, March 5th from 7am to 7pm for the removal and reinstallation of the bridge deck.
During the road closure, detour signs will be erected to inform traffic of the nearest detour routes.
For more information, contact Beaver County at 780-663-3730.