In the next few weeks, our contractor will be applying the second lift of Chip Seal to the following roads:
- In Bruce – 1st Ave between Queen Street and Main street
- In Bruce – Queen Street between 1st and 2nd Ave
- In Bruce – 2nd Ave between Highway 857 and Main Street
- Range Road 145 between Highway 14 and Township Road 484
- Township Road 514 between Range Road 193-195
For safety reasons these roads may be temporarily closed during the application of the Chip Seal.
Following this application, there will be loose rock chips which can damage vehicles, especially at higher travelling speeds. You are encouraged to drive slowly on the fresh chips until the road can be brushed off, or avoid the road altogether.
Please note that these dates are weather dependent and can be affected by changing weather.
During this construction phase, please use another route, or be cautious when you need to drive through construction zones (local traffic only). Beaver County's goal is to provide a healthy, injury free work environment for all employees, contractors, visitors and general public. Already this year we have had people exceeding the posted speed limit through our construction zones, endangering staff, contractors and the public.
Thank you for your support and patience while we improve the road network.