Tofield/Ryley/Beaver County West FCSS
The Tofield Ryley/Beaver County West FCSS is currently seeking a Summer Youth Worker Assistant. The Summer Youth Worker Assistant will be under the direction of the Summer Youth Worker and will be responsible to assist with development and implementation of summer activities for children/youth in the communities of Tofield, Ryley and Beaver County West.
Summer Youth Worker Assistant
March 15, 2019
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
28 hrs per week - 10 weeks - June – August 2018
$16 per hour
The Summer Youth Worker Assistant is responsible for:
Serve as a role model to youth in the program and community.
Assisting in planning, organizing and supervising activities and field trips.
Assist with fundraisers as required.
Other duties as assigned.
The candidate must possess valid driver’s licence, and his/her own reliable vehicle.
We appreciate and consider all applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email or fax your resume to:
Tofield/Ryley/Beaver County West FCSS Attention:
Tofield, AB, T0B 4J0
Fax #: 780-662-3854
Regional Emergency Manager
Do you have experience in Emergency Services? Are you familiar with municipal commission organization? We have an opportunity for REGIONAL EMERGENCY MANAGER to lead the charge as the Chief Administrative Officer of Beaver Emergency Services Commission.
You will work from the BESC office in Viking, AB as you coordinate the
volunteer fire services in Tofield, Viking, Ryley, Holden, Bruce, Kinsella and Beaver County.
As the Regional Emergency Manager/Director of Emergency Management you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
3 Emergency Management
- Risk management
- Regional partnership
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Allocate resources, coordinate and
3 Leadership and Direction
- Respond to emergencies, as required
- Update Regional Emergency Plan
- Conduct Fire Service organizational
- Ensure training is available for fire
fighters and fire officers
- Liaise with 911 provider
We’re looking for someone who can:
3 Legal and Legislative Compliance
- Municipal Government Act
- Emergency Management Act
- Safety Codes Act
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Highway Transport Act
3 Commission Administration
3 Public Relations
- Manage interpersonal relationships with Staff, BESC Commission Directors, the public and
- Problem solve, research and report.
- Think analytically and exercise good judgement.
- Provide leadership though personal example.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Your experience and educational background:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline such as fire sciences, business,
public administration or related field.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in management
- Extensive and successful career track record including background in Incident Command
- System and EOC Leadership
- Experience with fire and emergency management, wildfires, disaster response.
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
Who are we?
The Beaver Emergency Services Commission (BESC) is a regional partnership between the towns
of Tofield, Viking, villages of Holden, Ryley and Beaver County, Alberta for set up for the adminis-
tration and delivery of fire and emergency management services. Commission headquarters are
located in Viking, Alberta.
BESC manages the administration and oversees the operations of volunteer fire departments in each of the towns of Tofield and Viking, the villages of Ryley and Holden, and the hamlets of Bruce and Kinsella. Fire Department operations in each of the towns and villages are managed by a District Fire Chief and many dedicated volunteer firefighters.
To Apply: Email resume to BESCRecruiting@beavermunicipal.com