2021 MUNICIPAL ELECTION WORKERS
The County is seeking to fill the following positions for Election Day, October 18, 2021. Click here for the position descriptions.
Presiding Deputy Returning Officers
Deputy Returning Officers
Voting Station Attendants (tentative – subject to COVID-19 public health restrictions)
Stand-by workers will also be chosen from the applications received. Workers who accept this position must be available on short notice should a cancellation occur.
Rate of pay varies depending on position. Stand-by workers will be paid ½ of position rate.
Election workers will be assigned to one of the voting stations located at:
- Lindbrook Community Hall
- Spilstead Community Hall
- Tofield Community Hall
- Ryley Legion
- Bruce Community Centre
- Viking Seniors Centre
- Kinsella Community Hall
To be eligible to work as an election worker, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have own transportation;
- Available to attend a daytime training session on October 7; and
- Available to work extended hours (12+ hours) on Election Day (October 18).
Advance Votes will be held during the week of October 12-15 in some locations. Some DROs will be asked to work on these days (includes evenings).
Prior experience with municipal elections is an asset.
Anyone who meets these qualifications and would like to be a part of the election team is asked to submit an application to the Beaver County Service Centre (email@example.com or drop box at 5120 – 50 Street, Ryley). Workers involved in the 2017 municipal election will be contacted by the County to determine their interest in the 2021 election.
Click here for a link to the application form. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 pm, August 31, 2021. For further information, please contact Cindy Cox by phone - 825-385-0067 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Opportunity - Library Manager Town of Tofield
JOB TITLE: Library Manager
Tofield is conveniently located 40 minutes East of Edmonton, providing exceptional access to the capital region, neighbouring communities and features all necessary amenities. Serv- ing a community of over 2000 and providing additional service to a catchment area of close to 5000. Tofield offers a progressive way of life, while still offering a small-town feel.
The full time, permanent Library Manager reports directly to the Tofield Municipal Library Board. The Library Manager is responsible for both the efficient and effective operations of the Municipal Library, in accordance with policies and procedures set out by the Board. The Board seeks an enthusiastic, positive, vibrant Library Manager to take the Tofield Li- brary to new heights.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and manages Library operations.
- Develops and implements Library policies, in conjunction with the Board.
- Develop and implement the Library’s Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Board and allocate resources to ensure effective Library operations.
- Build and sustain relationships and partnerships in the community, staff, Board
Members, and the public.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates Library staff and volunteers.
- Attends all board meetings and acts as a consultant to the Board.
- Prepare, administer, and monitor operating and capital budgets, and stay within budget frameworks.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIE
- Library Tech Diploma, OR a combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a public library setting.
- Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory position, preferably in a library setting.
- Financial management and budgeting experience are an asset.
- A working knowledge of current library trends, best practices, and procedures as well as relevant provincial and federal legislation as well as the Libraries Act.
- Proven management skills, focusing on communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, focusing on flexibility and the ability to multitask.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license, license with the ability to safely op- erate a motor vehicle.
Salary Range – Commensurate based upon experience and qualifications. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit cover letter and resumes by May 31st, 2021 4:30 pm.
Attention: Zsuzsanna Hemperger
Tofield Municipal Library Board
PO Box 479
5407 50th Street Tofield, Alberta T0B 4J0