Community Peace Officer I (Full-Time)
Beaver County is currently seeking a Full-Time Community Peace Officer 1 (CPO 1) to join the Team. Reporting to the Senior CPO, the CPO 1 will work individually as well in a team environment.
The CPO 1 is responsible for enforcement of Municipal by-laws and Provincial Statutes as approved by the Province of Alberta, responding to and investigating complaints, conducting vehicle patrols within Beaver County, liaising with other enforcement and Emergency Service agencies, and participating or assisting with community events.
As a member of the Enforcement Services unit, the CPO 1 assists and works cooperatively with the RCMP and other municipal departments and the community. Key objectives and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enforce various legislation as it relates to municipal operations.
- Ensure enforcement of municipal bylaws and provincial acts.
- Ensure that inquiries and complaints enforcement activities and responsibilities are handled promptly, effectively and with professionalism; ensure appropriate resolutions are achieved.
- Participation at special events as they pertain to enforcement services.
- Prepare reports and presentations as required.
- Office administration functions including assisting in development of plans and standard operating procedures; filing and quality records management; assist in review of departmental policies and bylaws; and other related duties.
- Work effectively with other municipal departments, RCMP, federal and provincial agencies, and community organizations on a continual basis.
- Shift work is required; work will be subject to outdoor weather conditions.
- Degree and /or Diploma in Police and Justice Studies or related field.
- Appointment, or ability to obtain appointment, as a Community Peace Officer 1; all required training as outlined under the Alberta Peace Officer's Act as outlined by the Solicitor General.
- Knowledge and operational experience in Bylaw Enforcement and Provincial Legislation (Prior Municipal CPO experience is an asset). Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid Class 5 License and Drivers Abstract.
- Valid PARE Certification (or equivalent).
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification.
- Specialized training including Baton, O.C. Spray, Commercial Vehicle Weight Enforcement, Traffic Enforcement (laser & radar), CVSA and Transportation of Dangerous Goods is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (public and internal) skills including preparation and presentation of high-quality reports.
- Highly developed organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, issue management and dispute resolution skills.
- Proficient computer technology skills (including Microsoft Office suite).
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment.
- The successful incumbent will be required to successfully obtain and sustain Solicitor General Security Clearance and an Enhanced Security Clearance through the RCMP.
Compensation: Full-time $68,004 - $82,739. We offer an Earned Day Off (EDO) program, a comprehensive wellness and pension benefit package and workplace development.
Application Deadline: 1630 hrs, June 28, 2019.
Resumes including a cover letter can be mailed to:
Attention Rick Ells
5120-50st, Box 140,
Ryley, AB, T0B 4A0
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roadside Mower Operator
(Pursuant to the I.U.O.E. Collective Agreement, Local Union No. 955)
AGRICULTURAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
POSITION: Roadside Mower Operator – Casual
CLASS: Equipment Operator II
RATE OF PAY: $25.69 - $31.25 per hour
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- As per Beaver County’s policies and the Collective Agreement with the I.U.O.E. Local 955
- Works under Agricultural Fieldman as a roadside mower operator and may be required to perform other duties
- Regular workdays will be 8 hours/day- 40 hours/week, overtime may be required
- Collective Agreement with I.U.O.E. local 955
- This position is anticipated to last a term of approximately 6 weeks.
- Minimum Grade 12 or G.E.D.
- Previous experience would be an asset
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License required
- Knowledge of Beaver County
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for maintenance of equipment
- Knowledge of tractors and PTO driven implements
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and the public
COMPETITION CLOSING DATE/TIME: Open until suitable candidate selected
EFFECTIVE START DATE: July 2, 2019
APPROXIMATE END DATE: August 16, 2019
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resume to:
Ryley, AB T0B 4A0
e-mail to: email@example.com
Note: Beaver County is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to a non-smoking policy in its working environment.
Beaver County has a comprehensive and active safety program. Drivers abstract will be required for successful applicant.
Beaver County thanks all applicants for their interest, however advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Town of Viking
Public Works worker
Full – Time Permanent
The Town of Viking is looking for an energetic individual who is passionate about working in our thriving community. Our team is looking for a self-motivated team player to join our team. We offer a supportive workplace setting that promotes transparency, innovation and community building.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation of various equipment and vehicles
- Maintain roads and lane ways
- Perform a variety of safe and efficient manual labour related duties
- Utilities-assists with maintenance of water distribution and sewage systems as required
- Ability to work in all types of weather
- Assist with maintenance and repair of Town equipment and machinery
- Perform water and wastewater testing
- Will participate in basic safety training as required and must demonstrate good customer service skills
- High school diploma
- WHMIS & water testing certification would be an asset but not necessary
- First aid certification would be an asset but not necessary
- Class 3 Alberta driver’s license would be an asset
- Experience operating equipment
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
- Provide a current drivers abstract
- Valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license
- The incumbent must have the ability to use hand tools and lift heavy objects
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. If you are interested in joining our team please forward your resume to:
Town of Viking
Box 369, Viking, Alberta T0B 4N0
Phone: (780) 336-3466
Fax: (780) 336-2660