Beaver County – Agricultural Services
Position: Pesticide Applicator I
(Pursuant to the I.U.O.E Collective Agreement, Local Union No. 955)
- Reporting to the Agricultural Fieldman, the successful candidate will perform various vegetation management duties including herbicide applications on County roadsides, mechanical brush and tree removal, and other duties as required.
Additional Duties include:
- Weed Inspection
- Custom Spraying
- Roadside Seeding
- Agricultural Pest Inspections
- Maintenance of County lands
Operation of motor vehicles, ATVs, sprayers, mowers, chainsaws and other brushing equipment will be required.
Employment Terms & Wage Ranges:
40 hour week, Monday to Friday with opportunity for overtime
Pesticide Applicator I: May – October 2022
Salary Range: $20.15 -- $24.51
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Good interpersonal and record-keeping skills
- Mechanical aptitude is desirable
- Environmental or Agricultural background would be an asset
- Familiarity with GPS and GIS systems
Training in weed identification and herbicide stewardship & application will be provided.
Beaver County has a comprehensive health and safety program.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references by mail, fax or e-mail to:
Applications will be accepted until suitable applicants are found.