Back to News Listing
2019 Vegetation Management Program Update
As part of Beaver County’s roadside maintenance program, the removal of trees, brush, and regulated weed species within Beaver County road allowances will be running from May through October 2019.
- Herbicide applications for control of Noxious and Prohibited Noxious weeds, as well as, brush and trees within County road allowances will be conducted in Divisions 1, 2, and 3 (Tofield and Ryley areas).
- Spot herbicide applications will also be conducted within Division 5 to control tree and brush regrowth within County road allowances.
- Mechanical roadside brush control efforts will be focused within Divisions 1, 2, 3 (Tofield and Ryley areas). The mechanical removal and clearing of trees from County road allowances is targeted at improving traffic safety and machinery movement, eliminating areas prone to the trapping of snow in the winter months and improving sightlines at intersections and yard sites.
- Roadside mowing operations will commence in late June/early July, depending on growing conditions. Roadside mowing will be conducted on all County roads west of Secondary Highway 834, and only hard surfaced roads east of Secondary Highway 834.
- For information regarding weed control, brush control, and haying along provincial primary and secondary highways please contact Alberta Transportation at 310-0000.
For more information regarding the 2019 Beaver County Vegetation Management Program, or service requests related to vegetation management, please contact Mike Bates, Agricultural Fieldman, or Aimee Boese, Agricultural Fieldman, at 780-663-3730.