As part of Beaver County’s roadside maintenance program, the removal of trees, brush, and regulated weed species within Beaver County road allowances will be running from June through October 2022.
- Spot herbicide applications will be conducted within all divisions to control tree and brush regrowth within County road allowances (Focussed efforts on Divisions 3, 4, & 5).
- Blanket Spraying will be conducted within Division 1 and 2.
- Mechanical roadside brush control efforts will be conducted throughout the county. The mechanical removal and clearing of trees from County road allowances is targeted at improving traffic safety and machinery movement, eliminating areas prone to the trapping in the winter months and improving sight lines at intersections and yard sites.
- Roadside mowing operations will commence in June/early July, depending on growing conditions.
- For information regarding weed control, brush control, and haying along provincial primary and secondary highways please contact Alberta Transportation at 310-0000.
For more information regarding the 2022 Beaver County Vegetation Management Program, or service requests related to vegetation management, please contact Jonny Culbert, Assistant Agricultural Fieldman, or Aimee Boese, Agricultural Fieldman, at 780-663-3730.