< Back to News
As part of Beaver County’s roadside maintenance program, the removal of trees, brush, and regulated weed species within Beaver County road allowances will be running from May 2018 through October 2018.
- Herbicide applications for control of Noxious and Prohibited Noxious weeds, as well as, brush and trees within County road allowances will be conducted in Division 5 (Viking and Kinsella areas) and will occur on all developed County road allowances within Division 5.
- Spot herbicide applications will also be conducted within Divisions 3 and 4 to control tree and brush regrowth within County road allowances.
- Mechanical roadside brush control efforts will be focused within Divisions 3 and 4 (Holden and Bruce areas). The mechanical removal and clearing of trees from County road allowances is targeted at improving traffic safety and machinery movement, eliminating areas prone to the snow trapping in the winter months and improving sightlines at intersections and yard sites.
- Roadside mowing operations will commence in late June/early July, depending on growing conditions. Roadside mowing will be conducted on all County roads west of Secondary Highway 834, and only hard surfaced roads east of Secondary Highway 834.
- For information regarding weed control, brush control, mowing, and haying along provincial primary and secondary highways please contact Alberta Transportation at 310-0000.
For more information regarding the 2018 Beaver County Vegetation Management Program, or to submit service requests related to vegetation management, please contact Mike Bates, Agricultural Fieldman, or Aimee Boese, Agricultural Fieldman, at 780-663-3730.