Claystone Waste Dividend Policy #CORP-002
Council has given its approval to this updated policy, which supersedes the previous version with several amendments. These changes encompass a modified policy title and the elimination of the previously designated allocation of the dividend portion of the grant. This modification grants Council greater flexibility in utilizing the grant. Additionally, a new section has been incorporated into the use of the Good Neighbour Grant, specifying that the grant will support a single annual application of 200 meters of short-term dust control. This application will be applied in front of occupied residences situated along the gravel roads in the vicinity of the facility.
- Township Road 502 between Secondary Highway 854 and Range Road 170,
- Range Road 170 between Township Roads 500 and 502,
- Range Road 171 between Township Roads 500 and 502,
- Range Road 172 between Township Roads 500 and 502,
- Township Road 500 between Range Roads 170 and 172
Funding Request from Bathgate Water Co-op
Funding in the amount of $15,306 from the Clean Harbors grant was approved by Council for the Beaver Heritage and Agricultural Society to complete upgrades and renovations at the Ryley Swimming Pool.
2023 Council and Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting Schedule Changes/Updates
- Schedule the Organizational Meeting for October 18, 2023, at 9:30 am.
- Reschedule the Governance and Priorities Committee Meeting on October 18, 2023, to commence immediately following the Organizational Meeting.
- Schedule Regular Council (Budget) Meetings for November 29 and 30, 2023 commencing at 9:30 am.
- Reschedule the December 6, 2023, Regular Council Meeting and the Governance and Priorities Committee Meeting to December 13, 2023.
- Schedule Regular Council (Budget) Meetings for December 6 - 8, 2023 at 9:30 am.
- Cancel the December 20, 2023, Governance and Priorities Committee Meeting and the Regular Council Meeting
Adult Outstanding Achievement Support Policy #CS-001
Council approved a new policy which allows them to recognize significant adult achievements in sports, recreation or performing arts, by providing financial support to attend provincial/territorial, national, and/or international levels of competition representing Alberta, Canada and/or Beaver County.
Edward And Marie Stelmach Scholarship Policy #CS-011
Amendments made to the eligibility criteria of this policy, adding that the award will be given to 2 applicants with the highest and second-highest academic achievement in the most recent school year, prior to post-secondary, were approved by Council.
Youth Education of Government Policy #CS-017
Council approved the replacement of the existing policy (#ADM-013) with an updated policy (#CS-017) which includes the amendment that support under this Policy only be available to one student from each of the three high schools in the County.
For more information on items discussed at the Council Meeting, please review the full Agenda Package for this meeting.