Back to News Listing
Fire Ban in Effect
Effective immediately on May 3, 2023, there is a FIRE BAN in effect for Beaver County and all municipalities therein.
This ban prohibits ALL open air burning including, but not limited to:
- Warming, Cooking, or Recreational Fires
- Open air burning including brush piles
- Burn Barrels
- Discharge of Fireworks
- Use of Exploding Targets
- Charcoal Barbeques
- Any other form of outdoor burning
The following will continue to be allowed during this ban:
- Approved Propane or Natural Gas Fueled Barbeques
- ULC Approved Propane Fire Pits (With Mesh Screen)
- Electric Pellet Smokers
Activities such as operating ATVs/UTVs, grass cutting, welding, and other farm related tasks should be performed with caution as these activities can easily start a fire.
For up to date information on fire bans or restrictions please visit www.albertafirebans.ca or www.besc.ca.
The FIRE BAN will remain in effect until further notice.