Employment Opportunity - Library Manager Town of Tofield
JOB TITLE: Library Manager
Tofield is conveniently located 40 minutes East of Edmonton, providing exceptional access to the capital region, neighbouring communities and features all necessary amenities. Serv- ing a community of over 2000 and providing additional service to a catchment area of close to 5000. Tofield offers a progressive way of life, while still offering a small-town feel.
The full time, permanent Library Manager reports directly to the Tofield Municipal Library Board. The Library Manager is responsible for both the efficient and effective operations of the Municipal Library, in accordance with policies and procedures set out by the Board. The Board seeks an enthusiastic, positive, vibrant Library Manager to take the Tofield Li- brary to new heights.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and manages Library operations.
- Develops and implements Library policies, in conjunction with the Board.
- Develop and implement the Library’s Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Board and allocate resources to ensure effective Library operations.
- Build and sustain relationships and partnerships in the community, staff, Board
Members, and the public.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates Library staff and volunteers.
- Attends all board meetings and acts as a consultant to the Board.
- Prepare, administer, and monitor operating and capital budgets, and stay within budget frameworks.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIE
- Library Tech Diploma, OR a combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a public library setting.
- Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory position, preferably in a library setting.
- Financial management and budgeting experience are an asset.
- A working knowledge of current library trends, best practices, and procedures as well as relevant provincial and federal legislation as well as the Libraries Act.
- Proven management skills, focusing on communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, focusing on flexibility and the ability to multitask.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license, license with the ability to safely op- erate a motor vehicle.
Salary Range – Commensurate based upon experience and qualifications. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit cover letter and resumes by May 31st, 2021 4:30 pm.
Attention: Zsuzsanna Hemperger
Tofield Municipal Library Board
PO Box 479
5407 50th Street Tofield, Alberta T0B 4J0