Family and Community Support Services (FCSS)
Tofield/Ryley/Beaver Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) and Viking/Beaver Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) deliver locally driven preventive social initiatives that enhance the well-being of individuals, families and communities. Programs and services can be targeted to individuals of any age, to families, or to entire communities. They also provide information and referral services and support to volunteer work in the community.
Website: Currently under construction
Director - Tracey Boast Radley - Email: email@example.com
Administrative Assistant - Jamie Sutton - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serves residents in the Town of Tofield, Village of Ryley and the west half of Beaver County.
4920 - 53 Ave (boardroom)
Village of Holden Office
4810 - 50 Street
Serves residents in the Town of Viking, Village of Holden and the east half of Beaver County, including the Hamlets of Bruce and Kinsella.
Ryley, Tofield and Area Food Bank
The Food Bank, operated by volunteers, provides hampers to local families or individuals in need. To request a hamper call (780) 662-3511, Monday to Friday. Hampers will be available for pick-up on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 10 a.m. to Noon. Please call in advance to request your hamper (780) 662-3511. Donations of food can also be made on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to Noon. The Food Bank is located at Unit C, 5015-53 Ave, Tofield (Beside Diamond Restaurant).
Viking and Holden Area Food Bank
Hampers can be requested by calling the Viking/Beaver FCSS office at (780) 336-4024 by Tuesday at 4 pm in order to receive a hamper on the Wednesday. Hampers can be picked up at the Viking United Church located at 5120 - 51 St between 11 am and 12 pm on Wednesday.
Community Adult Learning Program (CALP)
Beaver County Community Adult Learning Program is committed to supporting and promoting lifelong learning to enrich peoples' lives in our communities. CALP offers three main programs: adult learning courses, adult literacy and family literacy.
For more information, contact Lavonne Beaver County Calp Coordinator @ (780)-663-3730.
Beaver County Victim Services
- Provide Support in the first few critical hours after an incident. Provide a listening ear in person or by phone.
- Provide referrals and Information in many areas, which can include: Sexual Assault, Domestic Abuse, Assault, Break and Enter, Motor Vehicle accidents, Suicides, Sudden deaths, Bullying, Mental Health, Family Violence, Death & Grieving, and many other areas.
- In cases where a court appearance is necessary, we contact the witness/victim to offer assistance with court preparation and procedures. We also make ourselves available to accompany the victim to court.
- We educate the public to services available to them that they may not know about such as Victim Impact Statements, Restitution, and Financial benefits when a crime has happened to them.
For more information visit there website at www.beavercountyvictimservices.ca.
Tofield Office (Tofield RCMP Detachment)
T; (780) 662-2258
F: (780) 662-2200
24-Hour Cell: (780) 910-7559
Beaverhill Rural Crime Watch Association
Beaverhill Rural Crime Watch is a volunteer organization committed to prevention of crime. As an organization, its mission is working together for crime prevention and awareness, as we strive towards a safe and crime free community.
We are able to achieve this through elimination of crime by education of the community towards prevention. We are working together with the RCMP and other law enforcement agencies for this common goal.
President Dan Hillyer
Vice President Adam Hall
Secretary, Treasurer Marieann Hussell
Director Membership Marvin Annell
Director Signs Jim Carpentier
Director Fan Out Dave Maruszeczka
Director Seiko Scott
Box 633, Tofield, AB T0B 4J0
Flagstaff / Beaver Early Childhood Development Coalition
The purpose of the committee will be to:
- Gather and engage the community in order to promote the healthy development of children 0-5 years of age
- Facilitate ECD education and learning opportunities
- Promote and create awareness of ECD programs and services
- Disseminate results of EDI(Early Development Instrument)
- Create networking opportunities
- Respond to gaps and address needs in our communities
Find them on Facebook.