Business Incentive Grant
The Business Incentive Grant program, is aimed at supporting qualifying developers on permanent new or expanded commercial and industrial developments within our community. To be eligible, your project must involve the construction of a physical structure with a minimum assessed value of $50,000. If your proposal meets these criteria and complies with all provisions of the policy, the following benefits will be available to you:
- In the first year, a grant equivalent to 75% of the current year's municipal tax.
- In the second year, a grant of 50% of the current year's municipal tax.
- In the third year, a grant amounting to 25% of the current year's municipal tax.
This grant program is designed to foster growth and development in our community, providing valuable support to businesses as they expand or establish their presence. We look forward to partnering with you on your exciting ventures.
For more information reach out to Rob MacMullen, Economic Development Officer at email@example.com or 780-663-3730
Small Business Assessment Classification
Beaver County Council recognizes that small businesses are a key sector of the County’s economy and has established a new small business assessment classification that may be considered for a lower tax rate.
To be eligible, a non-residential property must meet ALL of the following criteria as at December 31st of the year prior to the taxation year:
- Business cannot be vacant property;
- Business cannot be “designated industrial property” as defined by Provincial legislation;
- Property must be owned or leased by a business and
a) be in possession of a valid development or business permit in Beaver County, and
b) employ fewer than 50 full-time employees across Canada, and
c) must not be subleased to someone else.
- Application has been submitted on or before December 31st of the year prior to the year of taxation. Post-marked applications will NOT be accepted.
If your business is eligible, only the portion of your assessment that is assigned to the small business classification will be eligible for the reduced tax rate. If your property is assessed for other uses (e.g. farm land, residential, other non-residential, etc.), the tax rates for these other types of assessment will apply.
Small business will also remain subject to the same school, seniors housing, and special municipal tax rates as other properties.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
For a copy of the Application for Small Business Classification, click here.