Black Nugget Lake Campground – Re-opening June 29, 2022
Black Nugget Lake Campground is reopened for the season!
Please note that there is still some ongoing work being completed at the site, so when campers arrive at the campground you will notice that:
- RV dumping site has been relocated to an area just west of the previous location.
- This area will be gravel for the remainder of the season and a concrete pad will be installed at a later date.
- Area surrounding the concession has been modified and landscaping work will be ongoing.
Beaver County would like to thank everyone for your patience as work was completed at the facility.
To book campground reservations online visit www.campreservations.ca .
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Beaver County at 780-663-3730.
Playgrounds, beaches, cook houses, showers and flushable toilets are available for public use. We invite you to enjoy these facilities while remaining mindful of the health risk inherent in high-use areas.
Please use caution when camping and using our facilities, we ask that you continue to social distance and wash your hands. Thank you for your continued support, stay safe & be kind.
These recommendations include:
- Group camping
- Picnic shelters
- Washrooms with flushable toilets
- Playgrounds, basketball, volleyball & tetherball.
- Water taps are outside, to fill their trailer tanks.
- Day use area and fishing
- Only 2 dogs permitted per unit
- Fireworks are prohibited
The health and safety of our residents, visitors, staff, and contractors is our top priority. These measures are in line with Provincial recommendations to practice physical distancing.
The complete rules and regulations for the campgrounds are still being developed by the Province and will be posted as soon as they are released, which will impact County campgrounds also.
Our campground reservation system will be taking reservations beginning March 1st, 2022 @ 9:00am.
Black Nugget Lake Parks office opens May 16, 2022 @ 10:00am.
For further information, please contact the Beaver County Office at 780-663-3730 or email email@example.com.
Campground Reservation System
Beaver County has moved to an online reservation system beginning Monday, March 1st, 2021, through Camp Reservations Canada. You must have an email address and a credit card in order to make an online reservation.
Before you book your site please view the map as some site numbers have changed.
To book online go to www.campreservations.ca.
Black Nugget Lake Park will be taking reservations for the upcoming camping season. Please use our online reservation system. We look forward to having you join us this summer!
All other inquiries, please call Black Nugget Lake Park @ (780) 663-2421 during regular camping season office hours.
Black Nugget Lake Park is a great little campground where you can get away from it all and relax in one of our well-treed sites or meet with friends and camp in one of the group sites.
Developed out of a former coal mine, the campground features a long winding lake with waterfront sites at various locations and back-to-nature tenting sites. The campground has a boat launch, picnic shelters/cookhouses, and a sewer dump station for your convenience.
While at Black Nugget Lake Park, you can enjoy bird watching, boating (non-powered), canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and trout fishing. A playground with sand and a large playing field are also available for your enjoyment. Next door is the new 18 hole Coal Creek Golf Resort, so don’t forget to pack your clubs.
The concession is located at the entrance to the Campground where you will find flush toilets, showers, firewood and concession items for sale cash/debit/credit.
- Regular office hours 10:00 am - 8:00pm
- Open from May 16 to September 30.
- Daily rates (per unit (a tent is considered a unit)plus GST): Full service $42, Power $36, and non-serviced sites $30.
- 87 sites available, including 6 full serviced sites, 33 powered sites, 4 powered group sites and 4 non powered group sites as well as 4 tenting sites, 35 non-powered sites and 1 overflow site
- Tap water and 15-30 amp power service is available
- Caretaker is on site 24/7. All campsites have firepits and picnic tables.
- Garbage, dog waste bags and trash cans, washrooms, and recycling stations are located throughout the campground
- Group sites; minimum of 3 units are charged at time of booking, if you add more units including tents you will be charged per unit upon arrival and must register at the office.
49117 RR 182
Black Nugget Lake Park is located between Tofield and Ryley, Highway 14 east 10 km, then south 11 km on RR 182. 15 minutes east of Tofield, 60 minutes east of Edmonton.
For online reservations only beginning March 1st, 2022 @9:00am visit www.campreservations.ca.
Fishing at Black Nugget Lake
Approximately 25% of fishermen in Alberta fish stocked water bodies. What fish are stocked into a water body is determined by the area fisheries biologist. The type, size, number and when the fish are stocked is provided to fish culture for all lakes. Performance of the fishery and engagement of the angling community is part is the area biologist mandate. About 10% of the lakes are managed as a quality trout fishery. Average size of trout stocked is 17cm.
Black Nugget has been stocked the past several years with Rainbow Trout, in the spring 12,500, (20cm) and in the fall 12,500, (20cm). This year a total of 7,929 Tiger Trout was also stocked in Black Nugget Lake in the fall - two sizes (25.8cm and 34cm).
Tiger Trout is a cross between a male brook trout and a female brown trout.
There is a Winter Creel taking place at Black Nugget Lake
Staff will interview anglers on the ice and ask the following questions;
How many anglers are fishing in your party?
How many tiger trout and rainbow trout are caught?
How many are kept?
How many are released?
Distance the angler travelled?
Are you satisfied by your fishing experience?
Enjoy your fishing experience at Black Nugget Lake!