Community Support Requests
Beaver County is accepting applications under the Community Support Requests Policy, which allows for the provision of financial, in-kind and written support, as well as promotional prizing.
- Community organizations encouraging the advancement of education and training, arts, culture, heritage, sports, recreation, economic development and environmental improvement in the Beaver County region.
- $50,000 set aside in the 2015 budget for Community Support Requests
Event Sponsorship Requests
- Council may establish a budget for Event Sponsorship Requests from Community Organizations in conjunction with the annual budget process.
- Event Sponsorship Requests in the form of door/raffle prizes and/or silent auction items to a maximum value of $200 per event will be considered and decided by Administration. Requests exceeding this amount must be considered by Council.
- Event Sponsorship Requests in the form of cash under $500 may be considered by Administration. Requests exceeding this amount must be considered by Council.
- A group may submit more than one Event Sponsorship Request per year, however the maximum total value of support that any group may receive may not exceed $500 per year, unless otherwise approved by Council.
- Application deadlines are February 28 and September 30 of each year. Council will consider and decide upon the applications at a subsequent Council meeting.
- The maximum amount of Capital Grant funding available to any single community organization in a calendar year is $2,500. Council may consider applications for higher amounts.
- Community groups shall identify the matching funding (i.e. in-kind or cash) they are seeking for operating and capital support requests.
- Community groups shall indicate how their initiative will directly impact County residents and the number of residents
- Community groups shall indicate whether they have requested funding from other municipalities for operating and capital support requests.
- When the funding is depleted, no further funds will be added. For this reason, we encourage you to submit your application early in the year!
- Community groups shall identify the type of recognition they will provide the County upon receipt of operating and capital support funding.
- Speaking opportunity at event
- Print (e.g. event program, annual report, etc)
- Media (e.g. local newspaper, radio, etc)
- Online (e.g. website, Facebook, etc)
- Signage / plaque
Please send applications by email to Susan, firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax (780) 663-3602 or mail to:
For hard copies of the application materials, please call Susan Lungal, Community Development Officer, Beaver County at (780) 663-3730.
Community Support 2019
- Cloverlodge Stampede Association - $500
- Village of Holden Farmers Day - $200
- Tofield Lions Club - $75
- Good News Community Church (Ryley Youth Group)- $2,500
- Beaver County Victim Services - $500
- Viking in the Streets - $200
- Calp - $250
- Kinsella Graveldome Bullarama - $500
- Beaverhill Rural Crime Watch - $475
- Coal Creek Golf Course Ltd. - $1200
- Tofield and District Chamber - $200
- Kids Spot Tofield Playgroup - $500
- Holden School - $551.36
- STARS - 11,810
- Holden Junior Cattlemen Show - $2,000
- Holden Junior Cattlemen's Show - $500
- Cloverlodge Stampede Association - $4,733.01
- Beaver County Victim Services - $11,810
- Tofield & Area Health Services - $12,867
- Holden Agricultural Society - $18,566
- Town of Tofield - $13,500
- Town of Viking - $3,252
- Beaver Heritage/Agricultural Society - $14,000
- Kinsella Recreation & Agricultural Society - $12,365
- Bruce Agricultural Society - $5,600
- Viking Agricultural Society - $9,979.47
- Tofield Agricultural Society - $26,000
- Lornedale Cemetery - $1,000
- Bruce Cemetery - $1,000
- Jarrow Cemetery - $1,000
- Lake Oliva Cemetery Committee - $1,000
- Metropolitan Community Association - $1,000
- Kinsella Cemetery Fund - $1,000
- Bardo Recreation Association- $2,000
- Spilstead Ladies Society - $2,000
- Ukranian Catholic Parish Borsc -$1,797
- Linbrook Community Association - $2,000
- ST. Mary's Community Hall Association - $2,000
- Prague Community Association - $2,000
- Friends of Saint John the Baptist - $1,104.00
Youth Outstanding Achievement
Ed and Marie Stelmach Award
Youth Education of Government
Community Support 2018
- Coal Creek Golf Resort Hole Sponsorship - $1200
- Tofield Ag Society (Bull Bash 2018) - $500
- Tofield and District Chamber (Promenade) - $125
- Kinsella Graveldome Bullarama - $500
- Holden Junior Cattlemen Society - $2000
- Tofield Lions Club - $75
- Holden Legion - $500
- Town of Viking - $22,731.79
- Community Adult Learning - $250
- Royal Astronomical Society - $2500
- Stars Foundation - $5689
- Village of Holden (2018 Grant Reach Program) - $3494.17
- Victim Services - $11,810
- Ryley Community Preschool - $3,500
- Big Picture Theatre Foundation - $2,500
- Community Christmas Hamper Program - $1,800
- Tofield and Area Health Services - 12,867
- Town of Viking - 22,731.79
- Beaverhill Players Society - $5833.74
- Beaverhills Initiative 2018 (Strathscona County) - $20,000
- Village of Holden - $147,000.
- Beaver Heritage and Agricultural Society - $41082.44
- Bruce Sports and Stampede Association - $20,000
- Tofield School - $2,500
- Village of Ryley 41,650
- Sears Student Support Society - $3,578.20
- Spilstead Ladies Society (Spilstead Hall) - $2000
- Bardo Recreation Association - $2000
- Ukranian Catholic Parish Borschiw - $1,747
- St Mary's Community Hall - $2000
- Prague Community Association - $2000
- Lindbrook Community Hall Association - $2000
- Friends of Saint John the Baptist - $1,097
- Lorendale Cemetery - $1000
- Bruce Cemetery - $1000
- Jarrow Cemetery - $1000
- Lake Olivia Cemetery - $1000
- Kinsella Cemetery - $1000
Youth Outstanding Achievement:
- Shelby Copeland Stevenson - $300
- Avery Stevenson - $300
- Jasleen Kaur - $300
- Quinten Albrecht - $300
Youth Education of Government:
- Haley Lancaster - $250
- Red Enorme - $250
- Sebastian Kowalski - $250
- Cole Hellekson - $200
Ed & Marie Stelmach Award:
- Shalyn Roth - $500
- Who is eligible for community support?
- What types of support can we receive under the Policy?
- How much has been budgeted in support of this Policy?
- What is the maximum amount of financial support we can receive under the Policy?
- What kind of promotional prizing is available under the Policy?
- How do we apply for capital or operating funding?
- What can we do to be considered for capital or operating funding in another year?
- Under what circumstances would County Council decline requests for capital or operating grant funding?
- How do we apply for sponsorship funding?
- What are the application deadlines for the various types of financial support?
- When do we have to submit a business plan for Council's consideration?
- Do we have to make a presentation to Council to receive funding?
- Who can I contact for more information?
Q. Who is eligible for community support?
A. Community organizations encouraging the advancement of education and training, arts, culture, heritage, sports, recreation, economic development and environmental improvement in the Beaver County region.
Under the Policy, community organizations are defined as not-for-profit organizations that are registered (or incorporated) under the Province of Alberta's Societies Act, as well as volunteer groups or clubs that are not registered under the Act.
The total amount of community support requests funding available will be established annually by Council in conjunction with approval of the municipality's budget.
Q. What is the maximum amount of financial support we can receive under the Policy?
A. The maximum amount of sponsorship funding available to any single community organization in a fiscal year is $1,500.
The maximum amount of operating grant funding available to any single community organization in a fiscal year is $2,500.
The maximum amount of capital grant funding available to any single community organization in a fiscal year is $15,000.
i. Door / Raffle Prizes: Value up to $25
ii. Silent Auction Items: Value up to $75
iii. Celebrity / Special Functions: Value up to $100
Q. How do we apply for capital or operating funding?
A. If the request is for community support grant funding, community organizations are required to submit an application form (Schedule A), a copy of the organization's most recent financial statements and a budget for the current year.
Q. What can we do to be considered for capital or operating funding in another year?
A. Community organizations are required to submit a financial report form (Schedule B) within three months of their fiscal year-end if they wish to be considered for funding in the future.
Q. Under which circumstances would County Council decline requests for capital or operating grant funding?
Council will consider each application on its own merits, and may not approve funding if financial need is not demonstrated, the ongoing operation of the community organization and / or facility is not sustainable, etc.
Q. How do we apply for sponsorship funding?
A. If the request is for sponsorship funding, a written request to the County Office is required. The Chief Administrative Officer may authorize the support, according to the defined criteria.
Q. What are the application deadlines for the various types of financial support?
A. Beaver County will accept requests throughout the year. Community organizations requesting community support funding (i.e. operating and capital) shall attend a Council meeting to present their request. All requests for community support grant funding will be reviewed at a Council meeting.
Q. When do we have to submit a business plan for Council's consideration?
A. Requests for capital funding for $5,000 or more shall be accompanied by a Business Plan (see Capital Funding For Recreation Policy for an example of information requirements).
Q. Do we have to make a presentation to Council to receive funding?
A. Community organizations requesting community support funding shall attend a Council meeting (i.e. Committee of the Whole) to present their funding request.
Q. Who can I contact for more information?
A. If you require more information about this Policy, please call Susan Lungal, Communications Assistant, Beaver County at (780) 663-3730 or email email@example.com.